Domestic Tunnel Houses
A Tunnel House is essential for keeping hydroponic crops in top condition.
Here are just a few of the many benefits a tunnel house can offer.
- The crop is kept dry at all times thereby significantly reducing the risk of fungal disease.
- Blemishes caused by rain exposure are eliminated.
- The average air temperature around the crop is increased thereby improving growth speed.
- The sunlight is diffused by the plastic film (scattered in all directions) thereby increasing yield.
- The crop is under shelter so can be tended to in all weather conditions.
- Many insect pests, birds and other intruders can be shielded from the growing area.
Pure Hydroponics supplies a great range of domestic tunnel houses for the home grower.
The houses have a 20mm x 20mm box section aluminium hoop frame.
The foundation consists of H4 tanalised dressed timber.
The plastic film covering consists of 200 micron Greenhouse film which carries a 5 year warranty against ultra-violet breakdown. The expected life of these plastic covers is in excess of 10 years.
The covers are plastic welded one piece sheets for easy installation. A tensioning system ensures the plastic film covers are as tight as possible.
The tunnel houses are dispatched in kitset form and take about 4 hours to assemble.
They are a perfect addition for any home grower.
Sizes and Prices
Price Including Freight + GST
|2 M||2.4 M||1||1||$846.00|
|3 M||2.4 M||1||1||$923.50|
|4 M||2.4 M||1||1||$1,062.00|
|5 M||2.4 M||1||2||$1,282.00|
|6 M||2.4 M||1||2||$1,425.00|
|8 M||2.4 M||1||2||$1,641.00|
Optional Extras (If ordered with the Tunnel House) (Includes Freight, + GST)
|Door and Track assembly on Opposite end of Tunnel House||$100.00|
|Screen Doors For Both ends||$205.00|
|Back Wall Vent||$110.00|
Optional Extras (If ordered separately) (Includes Freight, + GST)
|Door and Track assembly on Opposite end of Tunnel House||$112.00|
|Screen Doors For Both ends||$222.00|
|Back Wall Vent||$112.00|
Replacement Covers (Includes Freight, + GST)
Deliveries to the South Island of New Zealand attract an extra $55.00 + GST freight charge per tunnel house.