The World of Orchids
The World of Orchids by Jack Ross, is the result of many years of research into orchid cultivation using hydroponic techniques.
The book is an in depth analysis of orchid growing and covers subjects such as:
- Organic and inorganic growing media
- Fertilising and watering
- Plant nutrition and nutrient feed systems
- pH measurement
- Stress factors
- Tissue analysis
- Mineral deficiency and toxicity
- The unique root system of the orchid plant
- Propagating and raising seedlings
- Re-potting and potting-on.
The book is a valuable information source for commercial and small scale hydroponic orchid growers.
Orchid lovers will also enjoy this book for its many colour photographs of orchid plants.